Kinesio taping is used to provide stability and support to muscles and joints without restricting the bodies range of motion. When applied properly k-tape can be used for virtually anything from back problems, joint instability, disc problems, migraines, menstrual pain and urinary problems. Taping may also be used to help with the following:
- alleviation of pain
- lymphatic drainage
- decrease pain and inflammation
- injury prevention
- increase in circulation and
- help opening up fascial tissue.
There are 2 main effects of taping:
- Stimulation of skin receptors – this will decrease pain and aid in the interaction between muscles, joints, ligaments and nerves.
- Raise the skin and tissue – this will help create space between the damaged tissues making blood and lymph flow more freely.
The tape is water resistant and breathable ensuring long wearability and comfort. It can be applied after manual manipulation or in the middle of a workout in the event of an injury. It can be used for stabilization giving the muscles and ligaments a chance to rebuild and restore. This treatment is great for both rehabilitative and preventative measures. Look for this treatment option coming to Lead soon!
Yours in Health,